DEADLINE FOR THE 8TH EDITION NOTICE: 30 June 2021
PRIZE OF 25.000 €
IT IS POSSIBLE TO REGISTER, IN ANY SECTION, THROUGH SIMPLE SENDING E-MAIL TO THE ADDRESS: INFO@PREMIOCITTADICOMO.IT
We reiterate that we do not send by registered mail in order not to continue to oblige the organizers to queue at the offices. We kindly invite you to comply in order to avoid inconvenience. In the end all the names in the list will be published as usual.
To facilitate the work of the jury and the City of Como Prize Reading Committee is strongly advised to send the papers well in advance of the expiry date of Notice.
The Premio Città di Como is free, autonomous, independent and recognizes equal status to all participants, guaranteeing the total impartiality of judgment. The Premio Città di Como operates nationally and internationally. The Awards aim to encourage, through events, courses and presentations of books and authors who have participated in the competition, interest in culture and literature in particular, paying close attention to events or initiatives that can favor cultural tourism in its many aspects.
- POETRY (SECTION DEDICATED TO ALDA MERINI): published works of poetry on a free theme participate in this section, including particular genres such as the epigram and the novel in verse.
- NARRATIVA (SECTION DEDICATED TO GIUSEPPE PONTIGGIA): participating in this section published works in prose on any subject of any kind: novels, story collections, fairy tales, memorial texts, biography, books for children and teens, texts for theater, film scripts, aphorisms (There are special prizes for the genre fiction). They required a short synopsis and a brief biographical and bibliographical author.
- SAGGISTICA: participating in this section published works of non-fiction, a scientific or informative nature, any topic, no discussion of limits area. They required a short synopsis and a brief biographical and bibliographical author.
This section includes works that have never been published, neither in paper nor digital. Short biographical notes of the author are required.
- Poetry Works: a collection of poems in verse by a single author (at least five, maximum twenty-five) anthology or more authors.
- Works of fiction of all kinds: novels, story collections, fairy tales, works of memoir, biography, books for children and teens, playwright, aphorisms, film scripts. A brief synopsis of the work is required.
- non-fiction works, a scientific or informative nature, discussion of any topic without limits. A brief synopsis of the work is required.
Participating in this section multimedia works, both published and unpublished in the following categories:
- "Recount": a literary text (in prose or poetry, published or unpublished, of any author), a landscape or a trip told through images and / or text and / or music.
- "Expressions of the face": faces and emotions (of one or more subjects) expressed through images and / or text and / or music.
- "Videopoesie": a poem published or unpublished played through free combination of images and / or text and / or sounds.
- “Booktrailer”: audiovisual short term to promote a publication published or.
- "Photographic reportage of any kind" .
- "The environment and nature".
Narrative Prose in which the author recalls events or periods considered important in his life. Making use of writing, the author becomes aware of himself through memories and a personal path of analysis and introspection. He becomes the protagonist of the events narrated e, recalling them, he elaborates personal reflections that enrich his experience.
OPERA A THEME
For the best published work the unpublished – of poetry, narrative, multimedia art the non-fiction – that is inspired by the ecological issues in its most diverse meanings. The relationship between man and nature, the challenges posed by the increasingly difficult environmental balance, the world of our travel companions on the planet, that is, both domestic and wild animals, protagonists in the relationship with man. The threat to the ecosystem that can trigger reactions on a planetary level even through epidemics. Tell your love for the Earth and those who live there through literary creativity, an audiovisual or photographic reportage.
INTERNATIONAL WORK IN ENGLISH
Culture has no borders: the competition intends to open up more and more to international authors and for this reason it will award a work published in English, that falls within the criteria of the "Poetry" sections, “Narrative”, "Non-Fiction", "Autobiographical work" and "First work", published between January 1st 2020 and the 30 giugno 2021.
The competition will award the prize "First work"To the best debut published text in the" Poetry "sections, “Narrative”, "Nonfiction" and "Autobiographical work".
To specify, it operates first, in the registration form.
PRESENTATION OF THE DOCUMENTATION
Participation in the competition is via the submission of entries.
Here are the signs to the presentation.
- For works published in print: No post. 2 copies of the printed volume.
- For works published in electronic format: send by e-mail, e-book preferably in pdf format.
- For new works on paper: No post. 2 copies printed in A4 format, black or white or color.
- For unpublished works in electronic format: send the report by e-mail in a single file preferably in pdf format.
- For works as a digital video sequences: send the sequence consisting of a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 50 images, progressively numbered, JPG, maximum 2 MB each by e-mail (for items above 5 MB, use WeTransfer mode or similar).For reportage from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 50 images.
- For works such as video: send the video made in a single file,in Wav-Avi-Mp4-Mov formats of the maximum duration of 15 minutes by e-mail (with WeTransfer mode or similar). The videos submitted will be posted on the Prize YouTube channel. All processing audio-video will be permitted if in compliance with YouTube. By sending, It authorizes the publication of the video on the website and on social www.premiocittadicomo.it reference network.
Rules for Participation
The participants (authors and publishers) They may compete in one or more sections of the Prize, without limits. Any participation requires Separate registration. The publishing house contributes ensuring the authorization of participation from the author of the text. At publishing houses it is recommended to equip suitable clamp the work that will be the winner of the prize for the sections dedicated to editi. The competition works already awarded in other competitions.
ENTER THE DESIGNS IN PRINTED FORM
The works on paper must be sent by post - as detailed in "Presentation of Processed " - together with the registration form (REGISTRATION FORM downloadable and fillable from the site) and certification (photocopy of the receipt) of the participation fee payment (you see "Participation Fee”) a: C.P. No. 260 c / o Central Post Office, via Gallio, 6 – 22100 Como or Association Eleutheria, Via Oriani 8 – 22100 Como (per la Svizzera: Fermo Posta 6830 - Chiasso 1). The registration form can be replaced by a sheet showing the participant's personal details and the section of the work sent.
ENTER THE DESIGNS IN DIGITAL FORM
The processed in digital form may also be sent - to the point according to the procedures indicated "Presentation of Processed"- via e-mail together with the registration form (REGISTRATION FORM downloadable and fillable from the site) and certification (scan in pdf format of the receipt) of the participation fee payment (you see "Participation Fee”) at:
- For the literary sections published and unpublished: email@example.com
- For the multimedia section (photo slideshows and videos): firstname.lastname@example.org
For organizational reasons, both for sending in paper form or in digital form for sending, the registration form (or equivalent written), the work in competition and the payment of the certification fee Participation must come together and simultaneously. They will not be admitted to the competition shipped processed without the registration form and without the payment of the fee certification.
The fee - for all participants, authors and publishing houses is euro 25,00 - Twenty-five euros / 00 (any participation requires a separate fee).
People in detention are exempt from payment of the fee.
The fee can be paid:
- by check or cash at the Secretary of the Prize;(do not mail cash)
- by payment into postal c / c No. 1016359752 payable to Association Eleutheria;
- by Bank transfer: BPS – IBAN: IT72M0569610901000009091X44 – BIC / SWIFT: POSOIT22 Branch: 073 Como- ag.1 payable to Association Eleutheria.
DESTINATION OF THE DOCUMENTATION
At the end of the Competition, the papers will not be returned. The published works will be donated to libraries insubrico territory. The unpublished works will be destroyed to protect the copyright.
Finalists Communication, winners and closing ceremony
The entries received by the deadline date of the notice (see point "Application Deadline of the Competition ") We will be examined: after an initial phase of analysis will determine a selected pink. In the pink of selected, the finalists will be chosen and notified by the Award Secretariat with a specific press release. Finally, the winners will be chosen from among the finalists. The rose and lists of selected, subsequently, the list of finalists will be announced by publication on the Prize website. The Award Ceremony will presumably take place in October or November 2021 How to, in a place of prestige and will be open to the public free admission (compatibly with the health regulations that will be in force at that time).All information relating to the date and time of the awards ceremony will be available on the website and will be communicated well in advance. The winners will be announced at the time of the ceremony and are required to participate in the collection of premiums. Cash prizes not collected personally during the Ceremony will remain available to the Prize for the next edition. The cost of travel and stay for the presence at the awards ceremony are the responsibility of the individual participants. The Prize has nevertheless entered into agreements with hotels for overnight stays at special prices (Information at the Secretariat or on the award website).
PUBLISHING AGREEMENTS, CONSULTING
The Association reserves the right to enter into representation agreements and editorial consulting with the authors of unpublished works deemed most worthy of publication.
For authors who request it using the appropriate form attached to the participation form, the work will be compiled a scorecard presented in competition in order to highlight strengths and any writing style limits, content and storyline. The comments will be completed by suggestions for any editing and evaluation of the work's potential.
The card can be, at the request of the author, accompanied by an interview with the editor who drafted it on behalf of the Eleutheria association.
To access this service, the portion of the premium membership, should be added the sum of EUR 70 (seventy including VAT). Where the text to evaluate both the top 60.000 words the cost will be € 90 (ninety including VAT) plus the registration for the prize of Euro 25 (twenty five).
The evaluation form will be sent by e-mail to anyone who has requested it by the date set for the awards ceremony. The cards will be drawn up by a committee formed of evaluation by editors and media professionals, already operating in the organization of the prize.
Participation in the competition must be formalized by the deadline date of Notice. We reiterate the invitation not to wait for the last few days to send the texts. The Secretariat of the Prize, Closure Notice, remains available for a period of days 15 for any warnings, omissions, misprints or reports. ESSENTIAL: over that period will not be considered by any request regarding the object of the competition works. A closing of the tender will be published on the Prize website lists the participants in the competition.
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of these regulations as a writer member (that is, who is entitled to participate in the literary event by paying the membership fee to the Eleutheria Association of Euro 25 (twenty five). In accordance with Legislative Decree 30 giugno 2003, n. 196 "Code regarding the protection of personal data" and GDPR (EU Regulation 2016/679) participants agree to the treatment, diffusione ed utilizzazione dei dati personali da parte dell’organizzazione o di terzi per lo svolgimento degli adempimenti inerenti al concorso.
The participants declare that beings authors of their works. Participation in the competition automatically results from the author granting Entity Promoter the right to reproduce the images presented in the competition of catalogs and other publications that have purpose to propagate the event and the places where the image set, senza fini di lucro. Pursuant to Resolution No. 8/1251 of 28/10/1976 the prize will not be subject to withholding tax. Therefore, remains the responsibility of the recipient of the award is obliged to understand the value of the award and the overall sums on that basis achieved in their annual return to the determination of income. Minors need the signature of a parent or legal guardian on the registration form.
All sensitive data received from those participating in the Prize They will be treated in compliance with Legislative Decree 30/06/2003, n. 196 (Code relating to the protection of personal data, also known as "Consolidation Act on privacy”) and exclusively for the purposes of that Prize. At any time, participants will be able to exercise their rights by sending a request to the Eleutheria Association as Data Controller.
THE COMPETITORS, WITH REGISTRATION VIA CARD, ACCEPT ALL THE CONDITIONS OF THIS NOTICE AND RESPOND TO THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE WORKS SUBMITTED.
PUBLISHED VOLUME OF POETRY
- FIRST € 3.000
ISSUED BY VOLUME OF NARRATIVE
- FIRST € 3.000
Special awards by genre:
- Historical novel € 500
- Novel adventure or journey € 500
- Thriller or horror novel € 500
- biography € 500
- Volume edited the theatrical genre € 500
- Aphorisms published € 500
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR BOYS
- FIRST € 1000
VOLUME OF ESSAYS PUBLISHED
- FIRST € 3.000
Special awards by genre:
- Scientific publication € 500
- Book of investigation € 500
- Theme travel € 500
The unpublished prose text that will be the winner - be it a novel or a collection of short stories, for adults or children or teenagers - will be published by the Publisher Francesco Brioschi of Milan with the author's consent and after careful editing in order to improve the structure and overall quality of the text if necessary. They will also be published in other unpublished considered worthy of attention. The secretariat of the award shall be promptly notified if the author of an unpublished text sent for publishing agreements reached in the period of the contest participation. At the date of award winning works, under penalty of exclusion, must be unpublished and not tied to any third party rights.
For other unpublished (essays, aphorisms, theatrical works, film scripts, fairy tales, works for children or teenagers, novels or short story collections, autobiography) one to Jury choice among the various kinds, the award will € 1000.
- First place € 1.000
SECTION SINGLE STORY PUBLISHED OR UNKNOWN
- First place € 1.000
- Best story that has the lake, in any geographical or symbolic meaning as the protagonist € 250
- Thesis in specific areas: cultural mediation, cultural heritage and tourism, landscape aspects € 250
- FIRST € 3.000
FIRST WORK (IDENTIFIED TO THE DISCRETION OF THE JURY AMONG ALL WORKS IN COMPETITION IN THE VARIOUS SECTIONS)
- First place € 1000
INTERNATIONAL WORK IN ENGLISH (books published only since 1 January 2020 to the 30 giugno 2021)
- First place € 1000
- First prize € 1000
The jury can recognize, among all the works received in competition, a single text in any section and quality of writing and originality of the content differs from all other. In this work will be given a special award for prestige and value will have great symbolic significance. All other prizes in the various sections will remain unchanged.
The Prize and the Jury will:
- Confer with honors diplomas and plaques, Special prizes of the jury and award additional prizes in cash or equivalent to the finalists of the various sections or unpublished novel.
- To award further cash prizes in the event that publication is not possible in the manner indicated in the announcement.
- To award further cash prizes to the second and third classified in the various sections.
- Awarding special prizes to finalists of essays written by inmates with free participation.
- Assign Stays Award in renowned hotels in the area listed on the Award site.
- Not to award the prize in the absence of significant works in a specific section.
During the ceremony will be assigned:
- A prize to the memory of Prof.. Augusto Cirla, eminent Clinical Hospital Sant'Anna di Como.
- An award to a person or an entity who have distinguished themselves for the dissemination of culture or for special merits in the humanitarian field.
President Andrea Vitali
Scientist and writer
Critic and journalist, former Head of the Cultural pages of Corriere della Sera
Milo De Angelis
Poet and critic
Journalist and writer
Journalist of the Corriere della Sera and university professor
Writer, translator and professor at the University of Insubria
Responsible for cultural pages newspaper La Provincia
THE RESOLUTIONS OF Jury are final and unappealable
READING COMMITTEE (names always updated on the site)
- Mark Albonico
- Fiorella White
- Mafalda Bianchi
- Anna Falezza
- Boracchi Paola
- Linda Pedraglio
- George Albonico
- Lorenzo Morandotti
- Sergio Mestrinaro
- Daniela Baratta
- Greta Albonico
- Marielina Confalonieri
- Raffaella Rizzo
- Katia Trinca
- Federico Viganò
- Filoni Simone
- Egman Lisa
- Radishes Patrizia
- Mattedi Tiziana
- Mastrofrancesco Achievements
- Martorelli Ilaria
- Charybdis Agnese
- Arnaboldi Giuseppina
TIME HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
Reference Teacher: Prof. Marina Doria coordinator of the "Reading for real"
MUNICIPAL LIBRARY OF CASTELCOVATI DI BRESCIA:
- Andoli Angela
- Bonfadini Albertina
- Carissoli Antonella
- Alessia party
- Galli Moira
- Guerini Katia
- Minelli Giulia
- Pedrotti Carla
- Salvoni Nicole
- Secchi Annalisa
“LET'S FREE“- Lurago D’Erba Library
- Bonetti Aurelio
- Fanara Patrizia
- Gingardi Doriana
- Pasini Marco
- Pasini Sesyl
- Pesenti Anna
- Root Grace
- Riva Laura
- Weather in Travaini Pierina
- Viganò Nicoletta
“BLiLeCo – Free Literature in the Library” – City Library of Cermenate:
- Angela's option
- Maria Theresa root
- Rampoldi Laura
- Mittiga Stefania
- Monti Barbara
- Free Silvana
- Alberio Mariangela
- Bigelli Ilaria
- Guanziroli Francesca
Civic Library “F. Maraspin” – Municipality of Cusano Milanino (Me):
- Laura Cazzani
- Rodolfo Valeria
- Donatella Manicardi
- Antonio Ricci
“Crazy for reading” – Library of Olgiate Comasco:
- Carpene Barbara
- Danesi Giuliana
- By Agostini Mauro
- Stigliano Katia
- Taiana paola
CULTURE and future / Circolo Auser of Caserta:
- Relative Anna
- Cocchis Roberto
- Mastrangelo Emilia
- Pink Bar
“Street readers” – Torino:
- Bardaro Gabriella
- Severini Assunta
- Mulè Chiara
- Martino Darica
- Morman Edwige
- Audenino Fiorenza
- Mercuri Gabriella
- I cornered Luciana
- Sartorello Marilisa
- Bottega Mauritius
- Moved Monica
- Channel Patrizia
- cabbage Patrizia
- Peter Sesia
- Rutigliano Antonella
- Mantovani Serena
- From Agnol Alice
- Mercuri Gabriella
“UNIBOOK” : Reading group of the Università Popolare di Torino foundation:
- Alfieri Rosangela
- Barber Silvana
- Barolo Silvana
- Brignolo Gianni
- Cigna Elena
- Command Laura
- By Simone Anna
- Fixed Roberta
- Forasasco Laura
- Drive Pier Luigi
- The Rose Francesca
- Malnati Paola
- Adriana box
- Sechi Giovanna
- Brakes Giovanna
- Tarantino Mattia
- Terracciano Francesco
VARIOUS PLAYERS SELECTED
- Hannah elderly
- Maroni Anna
- Desired Peter
- Charybdis Agnese
- Egman Lisa
- Bernasconi Lara
- Mattedi Tiziana
- Trinca Katia
- Bogi Miriana
- Rachelli Kristina
- Serra Silvia
Creator and organizer prize:
For more information: Organizing Secretary Greta Albonico – Daniela Baratta email@example.com
Via Oriani 8 – Como
Phone: 031 241.392
Cell phone: +39 3409439256 – +39 329 3336183 – +39 334 5482855
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00-12:00 / 15:00-17:30
Communication Manager - Events: Promotion and digital content: Lorenzo Morandotti firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person for the writings from prison: Mr.. Marcello Iantorno.
Graphic Designing and realization website: Partners 3.0
Katia Trinca Colonel in charge of the unpublished section.