DEADLINE OF THE NOTICE OF THE VI EDITION: 20 JUNE 2019
To facilitate the work of the Jury and the Reading Committee, it is highly recommended to send the documents great advance of the deadline of the Call.
The City of Como Award is free, autonomous, independent and recognizes equal dignity to all participants ensuring total impartiality of judgment. The City of Como Award operates nationally and internationally: the works in the original non-Italian language must be sent together with a translation in Italian.
- POETRY in tribute to ALDA MERINI: the works published in free theme poetry participate in this section.
- STORY-TELLING in tribute to GIUSEPPE PONTIGGIA: the free-form narrative works of all kinds take part in this section: novel, collection of stories, fable, memorials, biographies, children’s books, theatrical texts (special prizes for the genre narrative). A brief synopsis of the work and a brief biographical note of the author are required.
- NON-FICTIONS: participated in this section works of non-fiction editions, of a scientific or informative nature, of any subject without limits of scope of treatment. A brief synopsis of the work and a brief biographical note of the author are required.
Participants in this section works never published in paper or digital version in e-book format in various formats or on websites, blogs or social networks.
- Poetry works: both a single poem, a collection of poems, and an anthology of several authors.
- Works of fiction of all kinds: novel, collection of stories, fairy tales, memorials, biographies, children’s books, theatrical texts. A brief synopsis of the work and a brief biographical note of the author are required.
Multimedia, both published and unpublished, participate in this section:
A) “They tell “: a literary text (in prose or in poetry, published or unpublished, of any author), a landscape or a journey told through images and / or text and / or music.
B) “Face expressions”: faces and emotions (of one or more subjects) that express emotions through images and / or text and / or music.
C) “Video-poetry”: a poetic text recited through the free combination of images and / or text and / or sounds.
D) “Book-trailer”: short-lived audiovisual to promote a publication.
E) Photo reportage of any kind
PRESENTATION OF THE ELABORATES
Participation in the Award takes place through the presentation of the papers.
Below are the indications for the presentation.
- For works published in paper format: send n. 2 copies of the printed volume.
- For works published in electronic format: send by e-mail, e-book in pdf format with free/open access.
- For unpublished works in paper format: send n. 2 copies printed in A4 format, in Black / White or in color.
- For unpublished works in electronic format: send the report by e-mail in a single file in pdf format with free/open access.
- For works created as digital photo sequences: send the sequence – consisting of a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 images, progressively numbered, in JPG format, maximum weight 2 MB each one for single e-mail (for sending greater than 5 MB, use WeTransfer or similar modes). For reportages from a minimum of 30 to a maximum of 50 images.
- For works created as video: send the video – made in a single file, in Wav-Avi-Mp4-Mov format with a maximum duration of 10 minutes – by e-mail (using WeTransfer or similar). The videos received will be included on the YouTube channel of the Award. All audio-video processing will be allowed if in according with YouTube regulations. By sending, you authorize the publication of the video on the site www.premiocittadicomo.it and on the social networks of reference.
Participants (Authors and Publishers) can participate in one or more Award Sections, with any limits.
Each participation requires a separate registration. The publishing houses compete with volumes of their publication, guaranteeing the authorization to participate by the author. To publishers it is recommended to equip with a suitable band the work that will be the winner of the Award for the edited and special sections.
SENDING OF THE ELABORATES IN PAPER FORM
The documents in paper form must be sent by post – according to the procedures indicated in “Presentation of the Elaborates” – together with the registration form (downloadable form and downloadable from the website) and the certification (photocopy of the receipt) of the payment of the participation tax (see “Participation tax”) to: CP n ° 260 c / o Poste Centrali, via Gallio, 6 – 22100 Como or Eleutheria Association, via Oriani 8 – 22100 Como (for Switzerland: Fermo Posta 6830 – Chiasso 1).
SENDING OF THE PROCESSED IN DIGITAL FORM
The works in digital form can also be sent – according to the methods indicated in the “Presentation of the Elaborate” point – by e-mail together with the registration form (INSTRUCTION SHEET downloadable and can be filled in from the site)) and certification (pdf scan of the receipt ) of the payment of the participation tax (see “Participation tax”) at:
- For the edited and unpublished literary sections: email@example.com
- For the multimedia section (photo and video sequences): firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION: For organizational reasons – both for sending in paper form and for sending in digital form – the registration form (or an equivalent writing), the work in competition and the certification of the payment of the participation tax must come together and at the same time. Written documents will not be admitted to the competition not together with the registration form and the certification of the payment of the participation tax.
The participation tax – for all participants, authors and publishers – is 20,00 – Euro twenty / 00 (each participation requires a separate tax).
The tax can be paid:
- by check or cash at the Award Secretariat;
- by payment to postal c / c No. 1016359752 registered to Association Eleutheria.
- by bank transfer: BPS – IBAN: IT72M0569610901000009091X44 – BIC / SWIFT: POSOIT22 Branch: 073 Como-ag.1 registered to Association Eleutheria.
DESTINATION OF THE PROCESSES
At the end of the competition, the works will not be returned. The published works will be donated to libraries of the regional territory. The unpublished works will be destroyed to protect the Copyright.
COMMUNICATION OF FINALISTS, WINNERS AND FINAL CEREMONY
The entries received by the deadline of the announcement (see point “Competition Announcement Deadline”) will be examined: after the first selection will result in a selection of selected. In the selected category, the finalists will be chosen and notified by the Award Secretariat. The winners will be chosen among the finalists. The list of selected candidates and, subsequently, the list of the finalists will be announced by publication on the website of the Award. The Award Ceremony will take place in October (presumably Saturday 19 / October) in Como, in a prestigious location and will be open to the public for free admission. All information regarding the date and time of the award ceremony will be available on the website. The winners will be announced at the ceremony and will be required to participate in the collection of prizes. Cash prizes not collected personally or through a delegate during the ceremony will remain available for the next edition. The costs of transfer and stay for the presence at the Award Ceremony will be at the expense of the individual participants. The Prize has however stipulated special agreements with hotels for overnight stays at special prices (information at the Secretariat or on the prize website).
EDITORIAL AGREEMENTS, CONSULTING
The Association reserves the right to stipulate representation agreements and editorial consultancy with the authors of the unpublished works deemed most deserving of publication.
The authors of unpublished works that would like a punctual evaluation of the text can request it at the same time as sending their manuscript in order with the subscription (20 euros). The City of Como Award will therefore be based on this performance at Studio Pym in Milan, which will read and analyze the shorter texts (up to a maximum of 100 folders with 2000 characters including spaces) at a cost of € 100, while for texts longer (over 100 folders of 2000 characters including spaces) the cost will increase to € 200. THESE COSTS WILL BE PAID BY THE AUTHOR DIRECTLY TO THE AGENCY WHICH WILL PROVIDE THE RELEVANT INVOICE. In addition to the evaluation, in the reading sheet the Studio Pym will include some processing tips to improve the manuscript. The author can then decide whether to commission a real editing job to the agency.
Participation in the Competition must be formalized by the deadline of the Call. The Secretariat of the Prize, at the end of the Call, remains available for a period of 15 days for any notices, omissions, typos or reports: beyond the mentioned period, no request will be considered regarding the works covered by the Competition. At the end of the Call the lists of the participants in the competition will be published on the website.
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of this regulation. Pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and the previous Law 675/1996, the participants consent to the processing, dissemination and use of personal data by the organization or third parties for the performance of by the organization or third parties for the fulfillment of the obligations related to the competition. The participants declare themselves authors of their works.
Participation in the competition automatically entails from the Author the grant to the Promoter Body the right to reproduce the images presented in the competition on catalogs and other publications that have the purpose of propagating the event and the places where the image is set, non-profit-making. Pursuant to Resolution No. 8/1251 of 28/10/76, the Award will not be subject to withholding tax. The award recipient therefore remains responsible for understanding the value of the recognition and the overall sums received for this purpose in the annual declaration at the end of determining the income. For minors the signature of a parent or of those who exercise parental authority on the participation form will be required. All sensitive data received by those participating in the Award will be processed in compliance with Legislative Decree 30/06/2003, n. 196 (Code regarding the protection of personal data, also known as the “Consolidated text on privacy”) and used exclusively for the purposes of the Award itself.
THE COMPETITORS, SUBSCRIBING THE REGISTRATION FORM, AGREE TO ALL THE CONDITIONS OF THIS APPLICATION.
POETRY EDUCATION VOLUME
First classified e. 2,000
VOLUME EDIT OF NARRATIVE
First classified e. 2,000
Special prizes for genres:
Historical novel 500 e.
Adventure novel 500 e.
Romance thriller 500 e
Novel for boys 500 e.
Fictional novel (fantasy, horror, science fiction) 500 e.
Volume ed. Of theatrical genre 500 e.
VOLUME OF EDUCATION
First classified e. 2,000
Special prizes for genres:
Scientific Disclosure 500 e.
Book of Inquiry 500 e.
The unpublished text that will turn out to be winner – be it novel or collection of stories, for adults or children – will be published by the publisher Francesco Brioschi of Milan or others, with the author’s consent and after careful editing in order to better necessary text structure. Other unpublished works deemed worthy of attention may also be published. The prize secretariat must be promptly notified if an unpublished text submitted to participate reaches editorial agreements during the competition. On the award date the winning works will have to be unpublished and released from any third part rights.
SINGLE POETRY OR UP TO 5 UNPUBLISHED POEMS
First classified e. 1,000
SECTION SINGLE PUBLISHED EDITING OR UNPUBLISHED
First classified e. 1,000
Best themed story of the lake, any lake and in every sense and. 500
UNIQUE PRIZE First classified e. 1,000
OPERA PRIMA (Section chosen by the Jury)
First classified e. 1000
WORK FROM ABROAD OR TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH FROM FOREIGN LANGUAGE
First classified e. 1000
Work on the theme The Journey (non-fiction, narrative, reportage)
Unique Award e.500
The Prize and the Jury can:
- awarding awards with diplomas and plaques, special prizes of the Jury and awarding additional prizes in cash or equivalent to the second and third classified or to the single poem or novel, in case of impossibility to publish.
- assign special prizes to the finalists of compositions from prisons written by prisoners (free participation);
- awarding Awarded Stays in the primary hotels in the area listed on the Award website.
- increase the prize money.
During the ceremony will be assigned:
- a prize in memory of prof. Augusto Cirla, eminent clinician of the Sant’ Anna Hospital in Como.
- a prize to a personality or an organization that distinguished themselves for the diffusion of culture or for special merits in the humanitarian field.
President Andrea Vitali Writer
Edoardo Boncinelli Scientist and writer
Francesco Cevasco Former Head of the Cultural Pages of Corriere della Sera
Milo De Angelis Poet and critic
Giovanni Gastel Photographer
Giulio Giorello Philosopher
Dacia Maraini writer
Armando Massarenti Journalist and writer
Pierluigi Panza Journalist of the Corriere della Sera and university professor
Flavio Santi Writer and teacher at the Insubria University
Laura Scarpelli Editor
Mario Schiani Responsible daily cultural pages La Provincia
THE DELIBERATIONS OF THE JURY ARE UNSENDABLE AND INAPPABLE.
READING COMMITTEE (names updated on the site)
STUDENTS LICEO VOLTA:
The names of the students here
Reference teacher: prof.ssa Marina Doria project coordinator “Read for real”
NETWORK OF BIBLIOTECHE OF THE PROVINCE
LIBRARY OF CREMONA
Creator and award organizer:
Giorgio Albonico – email@example.com
For information: Daniela Baratta Organizing registry/secretariat
Via Oriani 8 – Como
Telephone: 031 241.392
Mobile: +39 334 5482855 – +39 3409439256
OFFICE HOURS 9.00am – 12.00pm 15.00am – 5.30pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: https://premiocittadicomo.it
Responsible photographic section: Greta Albonico – email@example.com
In collaboration with Guido Taroni
Communication Manager – Events: Barbara Sardella firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotion and digital content: Lorenzo Morandotti email@example.com
Graphic design and website creation: Partners.co.it